Miller Place Beautification Committee
|Taking Pride In Our Community!|
|Justine Buonovolonta Chairperson Tonya Stalhmann Secretary|
|Next Meeting Date :
Tentatively set for November 23 at 7:00 pm at Justine's
Beautification Committee Agenda
Thursday, October 28th, 2004
1. Members Present: Justine Buonovolonta, Jerry Cordiale, Laura Sekaz. Kathy Williamson
2. Adopt A Spot-Town Of Brookhaven-
· North Country Road site to acknowledge Girls Scouts of Suffolk County no troop #
· Recharge basin on Northside of 25A between Friendly's and CVS to acknowledge Boys Scouts Troop 204
· Awaiting information about how to proceed with application.
3. Holtsville Ecology Center-Plants- Laura Sekaz was very pleased with the mums and didn't have any difficulty obtaining them. A request for spring plants will need to be made either on letterhead or by a member of the Civic Association.
4. North Country Road Sign-Being beautifully decorated by Girl Scout Troop 2752 under the direction of Laura Sekaz.
5. Miller Place Road Sign will be painted shortly by the 8th Grade Confirmation Group, under the supervision of Kathy Williamson. Only the white posts will be painted so as not to ruin the green portion of the sign. Miller Place Robotics Team may be interested in cleaning the site in the future.
6. Boy Scout Troop 204 continues to provide cleanup around several recharge basins in the area.
7. High School- A letter was sent to the High School Principal asking for assistance in cleaning up the roadways near the high school. No reply received yet. If we do not receive a reply within the next week, we will try to seek the support of service groups within the high school such as the Future Business Leaders of America, Student Government, Honor Society and Robotics Team.
8. Tear Drop Island (North Country School)- Toni Carbone has been in contact with Kelly Brothers to provide some landscaping to the newly created Tear Drop. More details to follow.
9. Spring Cleanup Day will be in May.
a. Date: To be set after coordinating with other organizations to avoid conflicts.
b. Locations: Be on the lookout for areas that are in need of cleaning and provide those locations to the Beautification Committee.
c. Sponsors-Looking to get donations from local venders; Waldbaums, Starbucks, McDonalds, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's and more. Looking for volunteers interested in visiting 1 or 2 places to solicit donations.
10. New Items: Sylvan Avenue Park- Additional seating, added shade through plantings and a Butterfly garden are some projects discussed to be completed by community service groups. In need of contact information to look into possibility of any or all projects.
11. Next Date- Tentatively set for November 23 at 7:00 pm.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 821-2835 if you plan to attend! I hope to see many new and familiar faces.
The Beautification Committee embarks on projects that deliniate and have a profound appearance in Miller Place helping to preserve community pride in our neighborhoods.